What are the solutions and how to clean tile grout professionally?
Tiles are one of the most beautiful things in your house. They are attractive and to maintain their beauty for a longer period, you must get them professionally cleaned on a regular basis. Grouts catch more dust and debris than tiles. Removing the dust and dirt from the grout is tougher than removing the dirt from the tiles. You will need to apply more effort in cleaning the grouts because there is very less space between the grouts. Many people either forget to clean the grout or avoid cleaning the grout but grout should be cleaned regularly in order to maintain a hygienic environment in your house. To know in detail about how to clean tile grout, read the blog carefully.
How Often Should You Clean Your Grouts?
Grouts catch a lot of bacteria and germs and they must be cleaned regularly in order to maintain a hygienic environment and to prolong the lifespan of the tiles. To get good results for your grouts, you can clean them once every month. If the stains are normal you can just scrub the grouts using a scrubber and water to get rid of the stains and dirt. If the problem is bigger, you can use cleaning solutions to get rid of the stains from the grouts. You can also set a timetable to clean the tile grouts accordingly.
Here Are 5 Easy Ways You Must Know To Clean Grouts:
Things Required To Clean Tile Grout
- Stiff brush
- Spray bottle
- Warm water
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Dish soap
- Microfibre cloth
- Grout sealant
Method 1- Clean Grouts By Scrubbing
- Scrubbing is the most common way to remove stains and dirt from grouts. You need a medium bristled brush and lukewarm water.
- Spray warm water on the grout and scrub it in a circular motion. You can use grout brushes available in the market or you can also use an old toothbrush.
- Make sure you use a medium-bristled nylon brush to avoid any sort of damage caused to the tiles.
Method 2- Clean Grouts Using Vinegar And Water
- Vinegar is one of the best options for cleaning mild grout stains. It will maintain your tiles and grout neat and clean.
- In this method, you must dilute the vinegar with equal parts of lukewarm water and spray it on the grouts.
- Let the solution stand for 5-7 minutes and then start scrubbing with a medium nylon brush. After some time, rinse it and let it dry.
Method 3- Mixture Of Baking Soda And Vinegar
- Make a thick paste by mixing baking soda and water into a bowl. Alternatively prepare a solution of vinegar in equal parts of warm water and fill it into a spray bottle.
- First, apply the baking soda solution to the grout followed by the vinegar solution.
- Once you find a formation of foam on the grout, wait for some time, and once the foaming stops scrub it with a brush.
- Rinse it with clean water and dry it using a dry microfiber cloth.
Method 4- Using Hydrogen Peroxide
- Mix hydrogen peroxide and baking soda into a bowl and make a thick paste out of it.
- Apply this paste on the grout with the help of a brush and wait for 7 to 10 minutes until the paste sits on the grout nicely.
- Scrub the grout thoroughly with a brush. Repeat the process 2 to 3 times to get a better cleaning result.
- Now use a mop or a microfibre cloth to clean the area thoroughly with the help of warm water.
- This method is very effective to clean tile grout.
Method 5- Apply Bleach On The Grout
- Bleach is one of the best solutions to get rid of all kinds of stains from grouts. Make sure to dilute the bleach solutions in warm water before using them.
- First, dilute 3/4 cup of bleach in 1 cup of water and pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray this solution on the stained grouts and let it sit for 15 minutes. Scrub the grouts using a brush and rinse them with water.
Applying Grout Sealant- Once the grout is cleaned properly make sure you seal your grouts using a grout sealer. This will help in preventing stains and dust to accumulate in the grouts and helps in prolonging the lifespan of the grouts and tiles.
Why Hire Professionals To Clean Your Tiles?
The stains from tiles can be cleaned using homemade solutions but sometimes the stains and dirt from the grouts are harder to remove. To remove these stains and dirt you need to hire professional tile cleaners. With the help of tile cleaners, you can clean the tiles as well as seal them properly. Professional tile cleaners can be the best option for you if you are looking to get your tiles cleaned perfectly. Here at 711 Tile Grout Cleaning Sydney, we are the top tile cleaners and offer tile cleaning at reasonable prices. We have all the best techniques to clean tile grout. You can contact us at (02) 5950 6266 to discuss your problems and get solutions.